4:32 PM

Write On!

Posted by Brooke |

November is officially National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo). The idea of NaNoWriMo is this: write a 50,000 word novel in one month. That equates to about 1,667 words per day, or about 3.5 pages single-spaced on a word processor. 


Yeah, I know. 

You may be wondering why I'm telling you this when it isn't even October yet. Well, our finals week is the first of December, which makes November a vital time to study for said finals. I figured that I don't exactly want to fail my first semester of college, so I decided to do NaNoWriMo in October instead of November. This will be my second attempt at NaNoWriMo, the first ending essentially before it even began. This year, though, I am determined.

Basically I'm letting you know all of this for 2 reasons:

1- To spread the word about NaNoWriMo for anyone who might be interested
2- To explain why there is going to be a severe drop off in my posting frequency. I'm afraid that any spare words I have to say are going to go into my novel, so there may not be many blog posts here. Don't fret, though. I've built up a bit of a "post bank" with some Brilliant Inventions and Blast From the Past posts, so this blog won't turn into a complete ghost town.

I'll try to post as often as I can to update you on my word count (if any of you care). Wish me luck! Come October, I'm really going to need it.

PS- to find out more about NaNoWriMo, visit their website. I really encourage you to look into it. Besides, I could use a few more friends who can sympathize with me this coming month.

2 Wonderful Comments:

MD said...

If only I had the time to do this. What is your novel going to be about? I expect that you will at least mention sottls and the schvetta. Heck, you should probably dedicate at least an entire chapter to that in my oh so humble opinion.

Robyn said...

Wow! Your second attempt. I think this year will be so much more successful. After all, you have another year's worth of knowledge to draw from right? Good luck Brooke. When you become all rich and famous remember I'm the one who always said you have a novel inside of you . . .well, me and Brian Sanderson :)