or "My Legs Are Screaming at Me"
I went to my first basketball game Thursday night. Turns out they're super fun. It's an added bonus that USU is actually good at this sport. I can't really write about my time there. Basketball games in the Spectrum are something that just have to be experienced firsthand. The game was a little too close for comfort, but the Ags pulled it out in the end, downing Fresno State.


With 1:30 remaining, a little tussle broke out between a few players. The refs skated quickly over to break it up. Meanwhile, some words were exchanged between the goalies from across the ice. I'm taking a class in lip reading, so I was able to interpret what they were saying.
USU Goalie (Theodore): Hey! You there!
Oregon Goalie (Juan): [to himself] "All the single ladies, all the si--" [looks up] Uhhh...
Theodore: You have an ugly face, though most of it is being obscured by your helmet!
Juan: [tries to "be the bigger person" and ignores Theodore]
Theodore: You have been scored on six times, whilst I have only been scored on once!
Juan: [keeps ignoring him]
Theodore: [continues insults]
At this point, the tussle to the side is getting worse. Someone throws a punch at a ref.
Theodore: [skates to the blue line and taunts Juan; shoots a puck across the ice in his direction]
Juan: [throws down his stick] Okay, let's do this!
The goalies charge at one another from opposite sides of the ice. The crowd erupts. The refs look around to see why the crowd is cheering, and see the situation. It's unfortunate that goalies are quite bulky and can't skate very fast. The refs broke up the throwdown before it happened. I'm quite confident that Theodore would have triumphed.
Today (Saturday) was my first time hitting the slopes again since 2007. It was a little sketchy the first few runs (gotta love it when you eat it right under the lift for all to see), but eventually I got back into the groove. I was amazed that I even remembered how to strap into my board. However, the trip was a success.

And my legs are paying for it.
"What are you thinking?!" they ask in outrage. "After four months of lethargy you decide to make us work? Not only work, but get you down an icy slope in one piece?!"
They are now it outright rebellion and refuse to allow me to walk, sit, or move. I can only imagine how I'm going to feel in the morning.
1 Wonderful Comments:
I'm Jealous. My legs are sore but only cuz I went to the gym, not something fun like boarding! You are real cute!!!!
Post a Comment